Tuesday, September 2, 2008

August 29th, 2007: Great Wall, Silk Factory

Phil. 4:13 "...Christ, Strengthens me."

I have always wanted to see the wall. I was so excited. It is a total of 4,000 miles long. It was SO cool! The wall began in the Quin Dynasty for unification with the Emperor Qin Shihuang.

There was a little market at the base of the moutain where the wall stands. There were so many people who raided me.
Oh boy!, that wall was a beast to climb back on.--I definitely bought an "I climbed the great wall t-shirt". The wall is very large. The lift was cool.

After the wall we went to the Silk Factory. That was awesome as well! There's the bug that makes the caccoon-then they soil it the caccoon-then spin the silk off-then make stuff. Everything was of high quality. I got a comforter cover and pillow cases--hmmm. soft.

A) To build a wall to protect China for many different aspects. One main reason being war. The took prisoners and males from every family to build the wall. It took 20% of the population to build the wall. It was a serious blow to the economy. The silk is respectable and one the few ancient customs and practices still in use.

B)The Chinese must have patience. It took forever to build the wall and silk making is a delicate process.

C)It makes me think that they have the largest and longest wall protecting their coutntry. In retrospect, the US has the longest and largest unprotected border in the world with Canada. The US would never take time to build that.

D)The wall was impressive and mind-blowing. Silk is cool. China was cool.

No comments: