Saturday, October 11, 2008

November 4th, 2007-Cruise: At Sea

This day was a laid back kind of day. I realized I do not like 'At Sea' Days very much. I got a little bored. The never-ending abyss of blue water. We played cards and had a very chilled day. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the cruise very much. But during the 'at sea' days it is very easy to become restless.

At night they had little shows going on. They were actually quite ridiculous. But its the fact that they were so ridiculous that made them funny. One of my favorite songs had lyrics to like this "good'ay good'ay and how ya goin". I cant remember the rest of the words now. All I know is that I got a good laugh.

There were many little events at nighttime on the top deck where prizes could be won. Our became well known to be the water group-lol. Naturally, the prizes from a cruise ship were alcoholic drinks and we technically weren't suppose to have them. Many people from out group won prizes like that, particularly Michael Brooker. haha, He won I think a couple of bottles of Champagne or something like that.. He kept them and later after the party started to die down he went to the Activities director and requested an exchange. They said that was the first time someone had ever asked to trade in an alcoholic drink for like water or something like that. So needless to say, it was that request that morphed our group from HUA into the water group. haha

Sometime during this cruise, the had a "South Pacific Idol contest". It was a mock off of American Idol and Australian Idol naturally. Anyways, we participated. I sang Circle of Life by Elton John from Disney's Lion King. Other various people from our group participated and we all had a jolly good time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I have to be honest. I stopped recording information in my journal after finals week. So from here on, I am going by memory. I do regret do not recording things in the journal. So I am doing it now, here online in this blog. It has been almost a year now since my HUA trip but I can still recall most of the events that happend those last two weeks of the Australia semester. Alrighty, thanks guys and I hope whoever is reading my blog is enjoying it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: