Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 20, 2007-Moutn Tambourine Morning Tea; Q1 Observation Tower

That morning we boarded the bus and headed for Tambourine National Park-Mt. Tambourine. The bus ride took about an hour. We got out at a Polish restaurant to have morning tea. I had actually had SOHO (sorta the equivalent of lemonade) and some type of cake. Here we sat down and enjoyed the view—we were right on the edge of a mountain. After I finished my tea, I began to pay with the Lorikeets. They are little colorful birds who love to play and eat your sugar. Everyone was playing with them. I personally had a little tug-a-war with one of them. My sugar packet was basically destroyed but its all good. It was here that all the Lorikeets landed on my shoulders and I had my photo taken that’s in the Harding Pettit Jean 2007-2008 annual. We then left and went hiking for about an hour. After the hike, we went to the Q1 tower back in Surfers Paradise. The Q1 tower is the largest residential tower in the world. We went up to the observation deck on the 77th floor. It was a cool view; for it was right on the beach and you could see for miles and miles. It was so pretty. Here we could see the whole layout of the BroadBeach & Surfers Paradise area.

No comments: